Nudibranch fact need to know where can enhance your macro photography. The most photogenic and popular macro creatures underwater Bali.
Nudibranch is one of favourite creature for macro photography, she coming on many different varian and size. Striking body colour will create your photography result more beautiful. But, to get an interesting photo, we need to know the nudibranch fact and behaviours.
Here are some of Nudibrach facts and photography tips may can help you:
- Has Rhinophore as a Scent of taste detector that is often used as a primary focus reference in photography macros.
- Each nudibranch has an eye spot that has very limited functionality. Not like eyes to look at other animals. It is estimated that this eye function can only distinguish light and dark only. Spot eye on the nudibranch is not always in the head of the nudibranch, some nudibranchs have it in the back. Flash to the eye spot will make the nudibranch turn away from the camera, so wait for the right moments before taking the photo
- The nudibranch protects itself from its predators by collecting the toxins from coral they eat on his body. The colour on his body is used as a reminder to predators that his body contains toxins. But there are also nudibranches use their body colour just to pretend toxic to scare the predator. A low light flash can help to restore color to the nudibranch without making the colour of the surrounding area too conspicuous
- Nudibranchs are hermaphrodite animals which means they carry their own male and female organs. they can produce eggs in a single fertilisation of over 1 million eggs. Eggs are arranged in a ribbon-shaped container that tends to be light-colored. Nudibranch is often found near the egg, when finding a nudibranch egg, try to look around
- Nudibranches spend more time on algae, hydroids or corals that they eat. Different types of agae, hydroids or corals are eaten by different types of nudibranchs. This can be used as reference to find various types of nudibranchs.
- Almost all nudibranchs do not live long, some can live up to 1 year but most may be around 3 to 4 weeks. So different months have a chance to find different kinds of nudibranch in the same place.
- Nudibranch is a very sensitive creature, just one touch can keep them moving, making it difficult to take photos. Try to minimize even do not touch the nudibranch so that nudibranch remain silent in its position.
That's some facts and tips to nudibranch photography might help you to find and get the photo you want. Hope can help you.
Bali Fun Diving offers macro photography trip where you will be accompanied by macro spotter who has good knowledge about fact and behaviour of nudibranch. Even understand about underwater photography which you may need to help you in taking photo macro.
For more information Call or Whats app +62 818 1892 9111 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lets dive with
Bali Fun Diving
Have the best underwater experience ever