Nudibranch fact need to know where can enhance your macro photography. The most photogenic and popular macro creatures underwater in Bali.
Nudibranchs are a type of marine creature known for their vibrant colors and unique shapes. Striking body colour will create your photography result more beautiful. But, to get an interesting photo, we need to know the nudibranch fact and behaviours.
Macro photography is the perfect way to capture the intricate details and vibrant colors of these sea creatures. To get the best results, use a camera with a high resolution and a good macro lens.
Nudibranch Perfect for Macro Photography
Here are some Nudibranch facts and photography tips that may help you:
- Rhinophore serves as a scent and taste detector, often used as the primary focus in macro photography.
- Each nudibranch has an eye spot that has very limited functionality. Not like eyes to look at other animals. It is estimated that this eye function can only distinguish light and dark only. Spot eye on the nudibranch is not always in the head of the nudibranch, some nudibranchs have it in the back. Flash to the eye spot will make the nudibranch turn away from the camera, so wait for the right moments before taking the photo.
- The nudibranch protects itself from its predators by collecting the toxins from the coral they eat on his body. The colour on his body is used as a reminder to predators that his body contains toxins. But there are also nudibranches use their body colour just to pretend toxic to scare the predator. A low light flash can help to restore color to the nudibranch without making the colour of the surrounding area too conspicuous
- Nudibranchs are hermaphrodite animals which means they carry their own male and female organs. they can produce eggs in a single fertilisation of over 1 million eggs. Eggs are arranged in a ribbon-shaped container, usually light-colored. When finding a nudibranch egg, look around for the nearby nudibranch.
- Nudibranches spend more time on algae, hydroids or corals that they eat. Different types of nudibranchs eat different types of algae, hydroids, or corals. You can use this information as a reference to find various types of nudibranchs.
- Almost all nudibranchs do not live long, some can live up to 1 year but most maybe around 3 to 4 weeks. So different months have a chance to find different kinds of nudibranch in the same place.
- Nudibranch is a very sensitive creatures, just one touch can keep them moving, making it difficult to take photos. Try to minimize even do not touch the nudibranch so that nudibranch remains silent in its position.
Overall, nudibranchs are fascinating sea creatures that offer endless opportunities for macro photography.
That’s some facts and tips for nudibranch photography that might help you to find and get the photo you want. Hope can help you.
Bali Fun Diving offers macro photography trip where you will be accompanied by a macro spotter who has good knowledge about facts and behaviour of nudibranch. Even understand underwater photography which you may need to help you in taking photo macro.Share this Article