Why should you be a certified Open Water Diver?
To dive anywhere in the world at least you need to be certified as an Open Water Diver Course. By taking this course, you will learn the fundamentals of scuba diving, safety procedures, train in the proper skills and knowledge. What is it all about Scuba Diving? and Why is it ? How is it ? in a word, you will learn everything completely here in this Open Water Diver Course Program.
You can also dive up to 18 meters and explore underwater, under the Instructor’s surveillance, where the fun really starts. This is a full certification course, and a program to becoming an independent diver. Where you will start the journey as a Certified Diver and diving worldwide. Getting certified in Bali means you can directly enjoy the beautiful scenes of the coral triangle. What better place to get certified.
We offers SSI Open Water Diver Course and also P.A.D.I Open Water Diver Certification are available for the Open Water Diver Course in 3 days course and 4 days course plan.
Class starts with video session and theory in the classroom, learning the science and safety of the sport – scuba diving, continued with an introduction and simulation in a freshwater pool. When completed and passed the requirement on the first day of the session, the next day straight to the ocean and do open water dives, where things are really exciting! Being amongst Bali dive sites, the first diving experience will be an unforgettable one.
How is the program for Open Water Diver Course in Bali ?
Course portions and requirements:
- Theory and knowledge development
Knowledge Development covers the principles, concepts and terms in scuba diving, what you need to know for dive safety and enjoyment.
- Pool or confined water session
You will learn and practice all the requirement of scuba skills in a pool or water with pool-like conditions.
- Open water dive session / ocean dives 4x in total
You will have the practice, apply and demonstrate skills what you learn during four Open Water Dives at a local dive site to complete the requirement and training.
Itinerary, duration, location and time :
- Day 1 – Theory development and Pool / Confined water Session
Daily pick up at 7.30 am and will be finished around 5 pm.
- Class and pool session in Sanur (our dive shop), having a half day of the academic session ( videos, quizzes, final exam) and half day of the pool session.**(Optional e-learning in MYSSI app prior arrival) or (optional PADI online learning).
- You can learn at your own pace and it is more interactive.You can shorten the classroom session by start the e-learning prior your arrival to Bali, by that you can have more time for the pool session on the 1st day of your Open Water Diver Course
- Day 2 and Day 3 – Required Open Water Dives / Ocean in 2 days for 4x dives
Pick up 7.30 AM and finished around 4-5PM,
- drive to Tulamben 2,5 hrs from Sanur or Padang Bai 1,5 hrs from Sanur – have 2 open water dives in a day.You will have a different experiences during your Open Water session in Bali, one with the shore dive entry, and another with the Jukung ride ( a traditional boat designed for scuba divers).
- Even you can upgrade the dive site for another Best Dive Sites in Bali, where you can see the Manta Rays in Nusa Penida diving and it is a day trip of diving by a speed boat ride. We will be finished diving or surfacing from the water around 3 PM on the last day*Make sure the NO FLIGHT TIME or rest time will be required a minimum 18 hrs before your flight or recommended 24 hrs before your flight or going to high altitude (such as hiking if yo have other activity during your holiday in Bali)
What qualifications would you need to get certified?
You need to be at least 10 years old and physically healthy.
No prior diving experience is very welcomed.
You need to be able to swim with mask, snorkel and fins. Swimming capabilities are optional. As long as you’re comfortable in water, swimming in any style, be able to float, tread water using any methods and you can trust the instructor completely, you’ll be just fine. There is no time limit to do swim and float during the pool session.
At the same time you will surprise that you can also learn to swim right away.
Medically fit and healthy, before signing up on any Scuba Diving Courses and program, each student diver or participant required to declare that the participant does not require medical clearance from the doctor and the participant is relatively fit and healthy. For more details about the medical guidelines, please download the form below.
Your advanced booking is highly recommended, to make sure our Instructor’s availability for your preferred dates, to secure the slots and schedule.
Book your SSI Open Water Diver Course or P.A.D.I Open Water Diver Course right away!
Our price is inclusive price – please check our pricelist.
Please know that Bali Fun Diving has focused on reducing the price as much as possible and our price are competitive to make the course as accessible as possible to those interested without compromising the quality, comfort and safety of the course. Let me know if you have more participant or in a group we can have a special rate for you.
We are strictly using a small group ratio of divers to instructor to conduct the courses (2:1 and 3:1 maximum). Our standards sets high to have the quality of services, and comfort, also safety priority. It is not just about diving and conducting the course following the traditional way of standards textbook. We expect more and to have your best moment diving in Bali
Online Learning (optional)
Let us know if you would like to have online learning before your arrival in Bali. Start your online learning in your home country!
If you are signing up for E-Learning, there is an extra price for the online learning material to start, but you will have less price to do the courses or practice in Bali compare to the full program with the class session in Bali, since you don’t need the manual text book anymore, then the course fee is minus the manual text book.
It is more convenient to you that you can start the online learning at your own pace at anytime prior your arrival to Bali. You will only pay the course fees in Bali and plus e-learning kit.
SSI Open Water Diver Course
Best way to start your diving adventure as a certified scuba diver. SSI is globally-recognized certification program. Begin your theory development by online learning and have personalized training with in-water practice session to ensure you have the skills and gain your comfort underwater and experience required to earn the SSI Open Water Diver certification.
Open Water Diver Course
Start your next diving adventure with the P.A.D.I Open Water Diver Course online. You can begin the theory from home. Learn the basics online, then come to Bali for practical diving training. This course prepares you for safe diving and enjoying the underwater world.
Begin your journey to Scuba Diving Certification here with us.
Below is the program details if you choose to have the e-learning program
By completed the online learning and passed all the quizzes and knowledge development you will have more time in the pool session or may be you only have limited time to do the courses while in Bali.
Course Structure, Program and itinerary
- Theory Development ( online learning) – passed and completed prior arrival in Bali
- Pool or confined water session
- 4x total open water dives session / ocean dives
2 days option of the open water course + online learning
The program will be
- day 1 of pool session and 1 open water dives
- day 2 for 3 open water dive session
3 days option of the open water course + online learning
The program will be
- E-learning or theory must be completed prior to your arrival in Bali, or before the course started.
- Pool session on day 1
- For 4x open water dives session will be conducted in day 2 and 3