Bali Diving Sites – Tulamben Shipwreck
Tulamben Dive Sites
Tulamben Dive Sites is one of the most famous dive sites in Bali, Indonesia. The site offers a variety of dive sites to choose from. It has a lot of underwater life and is home to many different types of coral reefs.
Tulamben diving with Bali Fun Diving to the famous dive sites below
- USAT Liberty Ship Wreck (Highlight)
A 120-m long shipwreck at 25 m from the shore and lies at a maximum depth of 30 m. At this Bali dive site, you will be greeted by a school of tame surgeonfish. Often sighted are Bumphead parrotfish, barracudas, and variety of pretty sea slugs.
- Drop off
Consists of 60-70 m wall, appropriate for technical divers. Home to many macros, colorful corals, and diverse sea fans. There have been reports of reef and hammerhead sharks sightings.
- Coral Garden
Depth at 2-15 m and home to the blue-yellow ribbon moray eel. Small white tip reef sharks can be found in the shallows. This Bali dive site is great for macro underwater photography as it is home to many macro organisms.
- Batu Kelebit
Reached after 15-minute ride on a ‘jukung’ (local wooden boat). These Bali dive sites are dramatic with three steep ridges encrusted with hard corals, sea fans, fire corals and sponges.
A beautiful site protected from the currents. Available for experienced divers as it goes deeper than 18 m.
- Monkey reef
Located 3.5 km from Tulamben and can be reached by private vehicle. The dive spot stretches from depth of 5 m – 40 m. Excellent spot to explore beautiful reef formations, with reported sightings of barracuda, sharks, and bump-head parrotfish, aside to the coral fish and macros.
- Location: North-east coast of Bali
- From Sanur: 2.5 hours Car Ride
- Dive type: shipwreck, coral garden.
- Visibility: 12-30 m
- Average depth: 18 m
- Current: None to mild – warm water
- Entry: Beach entry. Various stones on the beach can make the entry tricky.
- Minimal dive license: Open Water Diver
- Introductory dives and guided snorkeling are permitted.
- Introductory / Try Scuba Dive
- Open Water Diver Course
- Specialty Diver Course: wreck dive, deep dive, and night dive.
- Advanced diver course
- See Tulamben Pricelist
- All year