Bali Diving - Padang Bai
- Location: East coast of Bali
- From Sanur: one hour, plus a few minutes on a local boat
- Dive type: drop off, coral reef, slope.
- Visibility: 15 m – 20 m
- Depth: 30 + m
- Current: none to - occasionally mild - warm water to cold water in the season averages 21-24C August - October
- Entry: boat entry.
- Minimal dive license: Open Water Diver.
- Introductory dives and guided snorkeling are permitted.
Bali Diving Site - Padang Bai
Also known as the ‘Baong Penyu’ or turtle’s neck. These Bali dive sites are about 5-minute ride from the shore with a ‘jukung’ or wooden boat. White sand slopes gradually down to 22 metres and have a large staghorn coral. Fish life consists of the resident napoleon wrasse, reef sharks, stonefishes, moray and blue ribbon eels, rays, squid, octopus, stargazers just to name a few. Water temperature drop, thermocline and current occurrence can happen, although very rarely. Great variation of organisms during night dives.
Dive spot reached in 2 minutes from Padang Bay Beach by land. Location suited best for advanced divers as currents can appear within the channel. Plateau at about 18 m is the location for several small caves and known as a resting spot for white tip sharks or they can be spotted swimming with the currents.
Located not far from Padang Bay, this beach has a shallow depth at 10 m and great for macro photography. Dive site can reach 30 m – 40 m, however, currents can be tricky. Large schools of red-toothed triggerfish and squirrel-fish are some that can be found at this Bali dive site and is visible to those with a keen eye of searching.
There are an artificial reef and small wreck at about 17 meters. It’s home to many macros, especially frogfish, and many other strange and rare animals. It’s also an excellent spot for night dives. If lucky, you can see the rare coral cat shark.
Best Bali Diving itinerary for Padang Bai :
- Hotel Pick up 7.00 – 7.30 AM
- Meet our Dive Leader at Bali Fun Diving, settle paperwork and payment, equipment checking.
- 1 hour drive from Bali Fun Diving – Sanur to Padang Bai
- Depart from Padang bai and 20 minutes traditional boat ride, 2x dives – traditional boat
- Hotel Drop – arriving around 5.00 PM – 5.30 PM (depends on your location and traffic)
Book Your Bali Dive Trips and Courses with us
Kindly provide your information as much as you can to help us easily and send you the offers/quotes soon :
- Your available date (s) of diving / course ?
- Dates of arrival and departure ?
- How many of certified / non – certified divers?
- Your certification level?
- Logged dives that you have?
- Date of your last dives?
- Special request or any information to let us know?