Bali Dive site : Gili Tepekong and Gili Mimpang
Candidasa Dive Site
- Location: off of Bali’s east coast.
- From Sanur: one hour by car then 20 minutes by boat.
- Dive type: best suited for experienced divers.
- Visibility: average 30+ meters
- Average depth: 16 m up to 30 m.
- Current: mild to strong – warm to cold water sometimes drop to 24 C averages (depend on the season, July – October could be drop to 21C)
- Entry: Boat entry.
- Minimal dive license: Advanced Open Water is advisable.
Candidasa Dive sites
- Gili Mimpang
Also known as ‘Batu Tiga’ and Sharks Point, this Bali dive site is accessible by boat in 10 minutes from Padang Bay. Sightings include white tip sharks, wobbegong sharks, the very rare cat shark, and mola-mola (oceanic sunfish) during its season, along with the occasional pelagic fishes such as trevallies and tunas. Although this spot can accommodate open water divers, this Bali dive site is best suited for advanced divers. Currents can be quite strong; sometimes it can present itself as a spot for exciting drift dives.
- Gili Biaha
Reached in 25 minutes by boat to the east from the main land. Water temperature can drop, with occasional surges and strong currents. Shark Cave and Biaha Slope are the two main dive sites, which can be done in a single dive if conditions permit. At 12 meters, the cave is home to several resting white tip reef sharks, along with lobsters and lionfishes. Entering the cave can be done only under approval of dive master.
- Gili Tepekong (Highlight)
Located 15 minutes by boat to up northeast from Padang Bay. The highlight is the magnificent rock pinnacles, breathtaking walls with sea fans, and colorful fishes. The canyon is shaped like an amphitheater, perfect to see white tip reef sharks and their babies, large pelagic fishes, and moray eels. There are large coral formations to swim amongst, along with boulders, canyons and a wide wall (with the heavy surge). This spot is also known as ‘Blue Hole’, named after the sensation of emerging from the 15-swim through-canyon and into clear blue water. Mola-mola was reported seen at this Bali dive site during its season. Currents are strong and downward.
Best Bali dive itinerary for Candidasa :
- Hotel Pick up 7.00 – 7.30 AM
- 1 hrs drive from Bali Fun Diving – Sanur to Padang Bay
- Depart from Padang bay and 20 minutes traditional boat ride, Diving 2x – traditional boat
- Hotel Drop – arriving around 6.00 – 6.30 PM (depends on your location and traffic)
- Hotel Pick up 7.00 – 7.30 AM
- 5 minutes to the port and 50 minutes speed boat ride from Sanur
- Diving 2x – speed boat
- Hotel Drop – arriving around 4.00 – 4.30 PM (depends on your location and traffic)
Book Your Bali Dive Trips and Courses with us
Kindly provide your information as much as you can to help us easily and send you the offers/quotes soon :
- Your available date (s) of diving / course ?
- Dates of arrival and departure ?
- How many of certified / non – certified divers?
- Your certification level?
- Logged dives that you have?
- Date of your last dives?
- Special request or any information to let us know?