Amed Dive Site
- Location: North-east coast of Bali
- From Sanur: 2 hours by car; or 20 minutes from Tulamben.
- Dive type: slope, black sand, wall.
- Visibility: average 15-30 m
- Average depth:
- Current: none to mild – warm water
- Entry: jukung (traditional boat) entry.
- Minimal dive license: Open Water Diver.
- Introductory dives and guided snorkeling are permitted.
The dive site is excellent to see macro hunting, as creatures will be against a black sand background, making colors even contrast. It’s a photography playground.
Amed Dive Sites
- Bunutan Beach
This Bali dive site is 10-minute boat ride from the main Amed Beach, with sandy slope and occasional large coral bommies. Following a gentle drift, start at with an eel garden to amazingly huge sponges, blue spotted rays, pink gorgonians, barracudas, moray eels, lion fish, nudibranches, unbelievably abundant of reef fish at 25-30 m. Resident sharks are ready to welcome divers. Drifts are available for experienced divers further east at Selang and Bunutan.
- Amed Wall
Located outside of Jumeluk Bay, the Amed Wall is a bali dive site positioned 5-minute boat ride from Amed Beach. Wall plunges to 40 m with beautiful gorgonians and corals, and home to the pygmy seahorses. Visibility can range up to a clear 30 meters, perfect to sight white tip sharks, napoleon wrasse, school of batfish, and trevallies. Gorgonians will decorate the whole experience.
Located 5 minutes from Amed Beach and has a sandy slope leading to pyramid-like artificial reefs, hence the name. Mixed tires and metal boxes are home to extraordinary macro life, and occasional turtles at the sandy bottom. Seeing different stages of coral rehabilitation process is inevitable around this Bali dive site, yet entertaining.
Best Bali Dive Itinerary for Amed :
- Hotel Pick up 7.00 – 7.30 AM
- 2 hrs drive from Bali Fun Diving – Sanur
- Diving 2x – Traditional Boat Dives
- Hotel Drop – arriving around 6.00 – 6.30 PM
(depends on your location and traffic)
Amed Price : IDR 1.450.000
Best Time: All Year
Special for underwater photography, especially macros.
Book Your Bali Dive Trips and Courses with us
Kindly provide your information as much as you can to help us easily and send you the offers/quotes soon :
- Your available date (s) of diving / course ?
- Dates of arrival and departure ?
- How many of certified / non – certified divers?
- Your certification level?
- Logged dives that you have?
- Date of your last dives?
- Special request or any information to let us know?